There are two sub-categories under Postgraduate Studies; PG-NON EU and PG-EU. The duration of these programmes should be one academic year, i.e. not less than 10 months.
- PG-NON EU is for those who have not lived/studied in an EU country for one academic year or more within the last 3 years
- PG-EU is for those who have lived/studied in an EU country for one academic year or more in an EU country within the last 3 years.
What are the eligibility criteria for PG studies?
In addition to the general eligibility criteria listed in section 2.1, all applicants who want to do graduate studies;
Should have at least 7 cumulative years of full-time education in primary, secondary or high school in Cyprus or in a university/higher education institution in northern part of Cyprus. If the applicant is enrolled as a student for the current academic year (i.e. 2018/19), the current academic year will count towards attaining the 7 years (for all applicants)
- Should have an undergraduate or postgraduate degree (for graduates only)
- Must be awarded the undergraduate or postgraduate degree by end of July 2019 at the latest (for final year undergraduate and postgraduate students only)
- Must have minimum 3 cumulative years of workexperience in northern part of Cyprus between 1 January 2014and13 April 2019 (for university graduates graduating before 2015/16 academic year)
Who can apply for PG-NON EU?
- Final year undergraduate students enrolled in a university/higher education institution located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON EU country, i.e. Turkey, United States of America, etc. and are expecting to graduate by the end of July 2019 at the latest.
- Postgraduate students enrolled in a university/higher education institution located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON EU country.
- University graduates i.e. undergraduates or postgraduates of universities located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON EU country.
Who can apply for PG-EU?
- Final year undergraduate students enrolled in a university/higher education institution located in any EU member state and expecting to graduate by the end of July 2019 at the latest.
- University graduates i.e. undergraduates or postgraduates of universities located in any EU member state.
What can you study?
- Postgraduate diploma/degree
Who cannot apply?
- Those who have already started their postgraduate programme in an EU country and are not expecting to graduate in 2018/19 academic year, i.e. currently in year 1 of a 2 year Master programme or in year 1 or 2 of a 3 year PhD programme in 2018/19 academic year in an EU country.
PhD holders who want to do post-doctoral studies/research should apply under Short Term Programmes.
For undergraduate students attending the 3rd year of a 4-year programme, the 4th year of such programmes MAY BE an eligible postgraduate programme under the terms of this Scholarship. British Council reserves the right to examine, get advice and make decisions on programmes that do not follow standard durations (e.g., MEng, MPharm, Dentistry, Medicine, etc.)
Those who benefited from the EU Scholarship Programme before and completed a programme under postgraduate category (PG) will be eligible to re-apply for the same category provided that they apply for a higher degree level under PG in another EU country than the one they had gone before. For example, a re-applier who completed a postgraduate (master’s) degree before in the Netherlands will be eligible to apply under the postgraduate category provided that they are applying for PhD/Doctoral studies in an EU country other than the Netherlands.