Short Term Programmes
Applicants under STP can apply for, professional training/internship, research, post-doctoral studies / research or for a language course minimum for 2 and maximum for 6 months.
What are the eligibility criteria?
In addition to the general eligibility criteria listed in section 2.1, all applicants applying for a short term programme;
- Must have minimum 3 cumulative years of work experience in northern part of Cyprus between 1 January 2014 and 13 April 2019 (for professionals only)
- Should have at least 7cumulative years of full-time education in primary, secondary or high school in Cyprus or in a university/higher education institution in northern part of Cyprus. If the applicant is enrolled as a student for the current academic year (i.e. 2018/19), the current academic year will count towards attaining the 7 years (for postgraduate students and recent PhD graduates only).
- Must hold at least a high school diploma to follow training/internship/language course, at least a university degree to conduct research, and PhD/doctorate degree for post-doctoral studies / research (for all STP applicants)
Who can apply for STP?
- Professionals*, academics/researchers living and working in northern part of Cyprus.
- Postgraduate students enrolled in a university/higher education institution located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON EU country at the time of application.
- Recent PhD graduates (graduates of 2015/16, 2016/17 or 2017/18 academic year) of universities located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON EU country.
*Professionals are those who are employed, self-employed, and those maybe unemployed at the time of application.
What can you do or study?
Applicants** can apply for a period of 2 to 6 months for one of the following programmes:
- Post-doctoral studies/research
- Language course in any official EU language.
**Currently enrolled postgraduate students and recent PhD graduates mentioned above can only apply for research and post-doctoral studies/research.
Those who benefited from the EU Scholarship Programme and completed a programme under STP before will be eligible to re-apply for this category provided that they apply for a different programme under STP. For example, an applicant who did a language course before under STP will be eligible to re-apply for the same category provided that they are not applying for another language course again and they choose another EU country than the one they had gone before.
The organisation/institution selected for short term programmes must be officially registered in the EU. If the organisation is registered internationally outside EU, the approval of such organisation is at the discretion of the British Council.