2018 - 2019 Guidelines
Please click below for the complete
The EU Scholarship Programme for the Turkish Cypriot Community
Call for Academic Year 2018/19
In line with the objective of bringing the Turkish Cypriot community closer to the European Union, the European Commission will fund scholarship grants to Turkish Cypriot students, graduates, and professionals in the northern part of Cyprus, in order to:
- Offer them additional educational opportunities by raising their knowledge and/or increasing their skills in a specific field
- Broaden their experience of studying and working in the European Union, thus bringing them closer to the European Union
Under this call, there are 2 Types of scholarships to be awarded; Type 1 and Type 2.
- undergraduate studies (Category A)
- postgraduate studies including Master’s, PhD or Postdoctoral programmes (Category B)
- The scholarship will cover one academic year of the programme of study
- The programme chosen must be full-time
- Distance and/or part-time programmes are not accepted
- The scholarship has to be used in academic year 2018/19 and cannot be postponed
- All contracts must be signed latest by Friday, 21 December 2018
academic research, professional course, training programme or language course (Category C)
internship programme (Category D)
Grantees under this type will be able to follow a short-term course i.e. professional training programme, language course, research, or internship for at least 2 and up to 6 months in a university or equivalent academic or professional institution or training/research centre in an EU Member State (with the exclusion of the northern part of Cyprus) in order to increase their professional/academic knowledge, professional/research skills. Different from Type 1, scholarships awarded under Type 2 (Category C and D), can be used from 11 June 2018 to 11 June 2019. Please note that;
The scholarship will cover a period of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 months of study, training, research or internship.
Applicants applying for short-term courses/research will be able to start their programme as of 11 June 2018 at the earliest and by 11 June 2019 at the latest.
The scholarship has to be used latest by 11 June 2019 and cannot be postponed.
All contracts must be signed latest by 21 of December 2018, regardless of programme start date.
The programme chosen must be full-time.
Distance and/or part-time programmes are not accepted.
Annexes in the GUIDELINES can be found in the table below:
Annexes mentioned in the Guidlines can be found in the links below. Please click on the individual links to access the Annexes:
Annexes and other important information and documentation that is relevant in making an application for the 2018/2019 EU Scholarship Programme can be found on the USEFUL INFORMATION page.