Type D - Internship
TYPE D INTERNSHIP
HOW TO MAKE AN ONLINE APPLICATION
Please read “THE GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS’ before completing your application.
Use the CANDIDATES’ PORTAL https://apply.abburs.eu/new to make an ONLINE APPLICATION
Follow the instructions on how to complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. Please click here for the INSTRUCTIONS.
Please click on the this link for a Sample Application Form and Guidance document to help applicants to complete the online application form. DO NOT complete or try to fill in the sample form. Complete the ONLINE application form and print a copy as per the instructions.
Remember to PRINT A PDF VERSION of your application and submit a SIGNED AND DATED HARD COPY as well.
Enclose all DOCUMENTS LISTED IN PART D –SECTION 12 of the SAMPLE APPLICATION document into your application envelope and tick the boxes as appropriate
Further important documents can be found on the bottom of this page.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TYPE D - INTERNSHIP
Applicants applying under Scholarship Type D must be professionals currently working or graduates or students enrolled in a study programme in the northern part of Cyprus and in the process of obtaining their professional qualifications and wishing to increase their professional knowledge and/or professional skills.
Grantees will be able to carry out internships in order to develop their professional skills during the Academic Year 2017/18 in an EU Member State, with the exclusion of the northern part of Cyprus.
The type of organisation selected for the internship may be a private or public sector institution (e.g., art gallery, library, museum, school, university, hospital), a government (e.g. ministry) or non-governmental organisation (e.g. charity or foundation), or a private commercial company (e.g. bank, insurance, telecommunications, media). Any organisation selected must be officially registered in the EU member state where the internship will take place, or otherwise internationally registered, at the discretion of the contracting authority.
The scholarships will be awarded within the Academic Year 2017/18, which, under this category, is considered to run from 1st July 2017 to 31st August 2018. The scholarship has to be taken in 2017/18 and cannot be postponed. Slightly different calendars may be accepted. The scholarships will cover a period of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 months of internship. The internship must be full-time.
- A scholarship will be calculated on the basis of € 1,420 a month plus € 800 for expenses of flight ticket (allowance based on an average return flight fare in economy class).
- A scholarship will be calculated on the basis of € 750 a month for grantees choosing to carry out their internship in Cyprus.
- Under this scholarships programme family or child allowances cannot be paid.
Applicants are required to carry out and agree on all internship arrangements directly with the selected company, organisation or institution and if necessary with the host country. Applicants are strongly advised to do this as early as possible in the scholarship application process.
Applicants in employment are advised to make appropriate arrangements with their employers with regard to their work leave before applying. They will have to clarify by themselves the contractual/financial arrangements related to their salary and their return to work.
- Must belong to the Turkish Cypriot community.
- Must be born in Cyprus or one of the parents must be born in Cyprus.
- Must be able to attend and complete the programme and must declare there are no health conditions that prevent them from doing so.
- Must be at least 18 years old.(see section 3.1 for details)
- Must hold at least a high school diploma
- Must be currently employed or self-employed in the northern part of Cyprus and have cumulatively at least 3 full years of work experience in their current profession in the northern part of Cyprus between 1January 2012 and 10 March 2017 OR they must be higher education graduates or final year higher education students or university undergraduates still in the process of obtaining their professional qualification or high school graduates of the northern part of Cyprus and they must have studied at least 7 years full time in the northern part of Cyprus (in a primary, secondary, high school or higher education institution) The minimum period of 7 years does not have to be continuous and will be considered cumulatively from any of these types of institutions.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the internship chosen
- Must not have benefited from any scholarship grant under previous EU programmes for the TC Community. I.e. the Community Scholarship Programme 2007/08 and 2008/09, the EU Scholarship Programme 2009/10 and the Scholarships for the Turkish Cypriot Community Programme 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17.
Applicants who do not comply with all the above eligibility criteria will be rejected.
- 2 recent passport size photographs.
- Copy of the birth certificate showing that the applicant belongs to the Turkish Cypriot community and was born in Cyprus (only a copy of the birth certificate will be accepted and not an ID card or passport copy). Where the applicant was born outside Cyprus, in addition to the copy of the applicant's birth certificate, a copy of the birth certificate of one of the parents showing that (s)he belongs to the Turkish Cypriot community and was born in Cyprus should also be submitted (the applicant is required to submit documents with identical full name of the parent on both the applicant's birth certificate and the parent's birth certificate). The Contracting Authority reserves the right to require additional proof of effective ties with the Turkish Cypriot community as necessary to perform the analysis of compliance with the above eligibility criteria.
- Copy of the highest level of diploma/degree obtained (high school diploma or Bachelors/Master’s degree or PhD, whatever is applicable)
- Only applicable for professionals: original certificate(s) of employment clearly describing job title, duration and location of the employment, responsibilities, duties/tasks. The employment certificate(s) shall bear the letterhead of the respective employer, shall include contact details of the employer and shall be duly signed and dated. As per the eligibility criteria above, the certificate(s) should prove cumulatively three full years of work experience in the northern part of Cyprus between 1 January 2012 and 10 March 2017 OR for self-employed applicants: original registration document or business permit, and any other supporting document(s) proving cumulatively three full years of work experience in the northern part of Cyprus between 1January 2012 and10 March 2017. The Contracting Authority reserves the right to require additional proof of effective work in the northern part of Cyprus as necessary to perform the analysis of compliance with the above eligibility criteria.
- Only applicable for higher education graduates or final year higher education students or university undergraduates still in the process of obtaining their professional qualification or university graduates:copy of the highest level of diploma/degree obtained (high school diploma or Bachelors/Master’s degree or PhD whatever is applicable) or any original document proving that (s)he is enrolled in a study programme or in the process of obtaining his/her professional qualification in the northern part of Cyprus. Furthermore, copies of additional certificates/student reports/diplomas proving that the applicant studied at least 7 years full time in the northern part of Cyprus (in a primary, secondary, high school or higher education institution).
- Certificate of Residence proving the applicant’s current valid address. The address has to be the same as in the application form (Part A).
- Copy of personal identification document with photo (ID or passport) that the applicant will use throughout the scholarship and application process for positive identification to be given access to the selection's tests and interviews.
Differently from previous years, only applicants awarded a Scholarship will be requested to provide the above mentioned supporting documents to prove their eligibility for this Scholarship Programme. At the moment of applying for the Scholarship, applicants will fill-in the application form under their own responsibility. On the application form applicants are asked to declare whether they meet the eligibility criteria and whether they have the supporting documents to prove it. The Contracting Authority will require submission of the supporting documents from applicants selected for an award at the end of the selection process. The Contracting Authority reserves the right to cancel an award to a successful applicant in case (s) he is not able to provide such documents within the deadline set by the Contracting Authority after the end of the selection. The Contracting Authority reserves also the right to request clarifications and to demand submission of further supporting documents from successful applicants as well as to check the origin of the submitted documents. The award of the Scholarship to those successful applicants whose documents show evidence of being fabricated will be cancelled.
The only document required from applicants at the moment of submitting the application, together with 2 passport size photos, is a copy of a personal identification document with photo (ID or passport) that the applicant will use throughout the scholarship and application process for the positive identification to be given access to the selection's tests and interviews.
The success throughout the selection process does not give, per-se, an applicant any right to a Scholarship award unless (s)he can prove her/his eligibility to the Programme by providing to the Contracting Authority the above mentioned supporting documents upon the request of the Contracting Authority at the end of the selection process.
Please follow guidelines and fill in the forms below as necessary:
- The link to the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM is: https://apply.abburs.eu/new/
Bank Details only for successful applicants can be downloaded from can be found here.
Contract sample for information only, for successful applicants can be found here.
Sample Beneficiary/Student report(s) template only for successful applicants. The template will be made available for successful scholars in the Student Portal.
For further information: Contact us