Types of Scholarships
Under this call, there are 2 types of scholarships to be awarded; Type 1 and Type 2.
Type 1: Scholarships for one full academic year of study. Under Type 1, applicants can apply for:
- Pre-degree and undergraduate studies (Category PD/UG)
- Postgraduate studies including Postgraduate diploma, Master’s,
- MPhil/Doctorate/PhD (Category PG)
Scholars under this type will be able to follow a pre-degree and undergraduate or postgraduate programme for the Academic Year 2020/21 in a university or equivalent institution of higher education formally accredited by the authorities of the host country in an EU country, with the exclusion of northern part of Cyprus.
The scholarships will be awarded exclusively for the academic year 2020/21 which under the terms of the call is considered to run from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021. Academic calendars may vary in different countries, thus slightly different calendars may be accepted. Please note that;
- The scholarship will cover one academic year of the programme of study
- The programme chosen must be full-time
- Distance and/or part-time programmes are not accepted
- The scholarship must be used in academic year 2020/21 and cannot be postponed
- Minimum teaching/conduct hours of language courses should be 20 hours a week
Type 2: Scholarships for Short Term Programmes (2-6 months). Under Type 2, applicants can apply for;
- Academic research/postdoctoral studies, professional course, training/internship programme or language course (STP)
Scholars under this type will be able to follow a short-term programme i.e. professional training/internship, language course, research or postdoctoral studies for at least 2 and up to 6 months in a university or equivalent academic or professional institution or training/research centre in an EU Member State (with the exclusion of the northern part of Cyprus). Please note that;
- Applicants applying for short term programmes must start their programme as of Monday 1 June 2020 at the earliest and Tuesday 12 January 2021 at the latest.
- The scholarship cannot be postponed.
- The scholarship will cover a period of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 months of Language study, training/internship, or research.
- The programme chosen must be full-time
- Distance and/or part-time programmes are not accepted.
- Minimum teaching/conduct hours of language courses should be 20 hours a week.
Applicants are permitted to submit only one application. Those submitting more than one application will be rejected.
SELECT YOUR TYPE BELOW
What can you study under Pre-degree & Undergraduate Studies (PD/UG)?
Undergraduate studies-Bachelor’s degree
Preparatory/foundation programme (year 0)
Any official EU language course
What must be the duration of the PD/UG Studies?
Duration should be one academic year, i.e. not less than 10 months. The total duration of the programme maybe more than one academic year, however, the EU scholarship covers one academic year only.
How many sub-categories are there under PD/UG Studies?
There are two sub-categories; PD/UG-1 and PD/UG-2;
PD/UG-1 is for final year students and graduates from any private or public school/college located in Cyprus accepting students with an entrance exam and/or interview. All private high schools/colleges located in Cyprus are included in this category regardless of their entry procedures, i.e. with or without a student selection procedure. Please see Annex… > > > >
What can you study under Postgraduate Studies (PG)?
What must be the duration of the PG Studies?
The duration should be one academic year, i.e. not less than 10 months. The total duration of the programme maybe more than one academic year, however, the EU scholarship covers one academic year only
How many sub-categories are there under PG Studies?
There are two sub-categories; PG-NON-EU and PG-EU;
PG-NON-EU is for those who have not lived/studied in an EU country for one academic year or more within the last 3 years.
Who is eligible to apply under PG-NON-EU?
Final year undergraduate students enrolled in a university/higher education institution located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON-EU country and are expecting to graduate by the end of July 2020 at the latest.
Postgraduate… > > > >
What can you study under STP?
Any official EU language
What must be the duration of the STP?
The duration for the above programmes should be for a period of minimun 2 to maximum 6 months.
How many sub-categories are there under STP?
There are no sub-categories under STP
Who is eligible to apply under STP?
Professionals*, academics/researchers living and working in northern part of Cyprus.
Postgraduate students enrolled in a university/higher education institution located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON-EU country at the time of application. Currently enrolled postgraduate students can only apply for research and post-doctoral studies.
Recent PhD graduates (graduates of 2016/17, 2017/18 or 2018/19 academic year) of universities located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON-EU country. Recent PhD… > > > >