Pre-degree and Undergraduate Studies
What can you study under Pre-degree & Undergraduate Studies (PD/UG)?
- Undergraduate studies-Bachelor’s degree
- Preparatory/foundation programme (year 0)
- Any official EU language course
What must be the duration of the PD/UG Studies?
Duration should be one academic year, i.e. not less than 10 months. The total duration of the programme maybe more than one academic year, however, the EU scholarship covers one academic year only.
How many sub-categories are there under PD/UG Studies?
There are two sub-categories; PD/UG-1 and PD/UG-2;
PD/UG-1 is for final year students and graduates from any private or public school/college located in Cyprus accepting students with an entrance exam and/or interview. All private high schools/colleges located in Cyprus are included in this category regardless of their entry procedures, i.e. with or without a student selection procedure. Please see Annex 6 for a list of schools categorized under PD/UG-1.
Who is eligible to apply under PD/UG-1?
- Final year high school/college students from any private or public school located in
Cyprus accepting students with an entrance exam/interview
- Graduates of any high school/college located in Cyprus accepting students with an entrance exam/interview.
- Undergraduate students (including foundation/prep year) studying at a university or equivalent higher education institution located in northern part of Cyprus or in a NON-EU country and are not expecting to graduate in 2019/20 academic year. Candidates who fall in this group are not eligible to apply for a language course.
PD/UG-2 is for students and graduates from any high/vocational public school located in northern part of Cyprus accepting students directly without an entrance exam (including Anatolian Fine Arts School). Please see Annex 6 for a list of schools categorized under PD/UG-2.
Who is eligible to apply under PD/UG-2?
- Final year high school/vocational school students from any public school located in northern part of Cyprus accepting students directly without an entrance exam.
- Graduates of any high/vocational school located in northern part of Cyprus accepting students directly without an entry exam.
What are the eligibility criteria for PD/UG Studies?
In addition to general eligibility criteria listed in section 2.1;
All applicants should have at least 7 cumulative years of full-time education in primary, secondary or high school in Cyprus or in a university/higher education institution in northern part of Cyprus. If the applicant is enrolled for the current academic year (i.e. 2019/20), the current academic year will count towards attaining the 7 years. Proof of 7 years education form.
- High/vocational school and college graduates should hold a high school diploma.
- Final year high/vocational school and college students must be awarded the high school diploma by the end of July 2020 at the latest.
- High/vocational school and college graduates who graduated before 2016/17 academic year must have minimum 3 cumulative years of work experience in northern part of Cyprus between 1 January 2015 and 10 March 2020.
Who cannot apply for PD/UG Studies?
- Students studying at a foundation / prep year in an EU member state at the time of application.
- Students who have already started their undergraduate studies at a university/higher education institution in an EU member state and are not expecting to graduate in 2019/20 academic year, i.e. currently in year 1 or year 2 of a 3-year undergraduate programme in 2019/20 academic year in an EU country.
Applicants are permitted to submit only one application. Those submitting more than one application will be rejected.