Required Documents at Application Stage
All applicants will be asked to upload the required documents listed below on their portal during the application process to prove their eligibility. The documents can be in English or Turkish. No translation is required. Documents provided will not be returned to applicants at any stage.
- Birth certificate (copy of ID/passport not accepted)
A copy of the birth certificate showing that the applicant was born in Cyprus and that s/he belongs to the Turkish Cypriot community. If the applicant was not born in Cyprus, a copy of the birth certificate of one of the parents showing that (s)he belongs to the Turkish Cypriot community and was born in Cyprus should also be submitted along with the applicant’s birth certificate-Required from all applicants.
- Certificate of Residence
A copy of certificate of residence proving the applicant’s current valid address as stated on the online application form-Required from all applicants.
- Proof of 7 years education in Cyprus
Official document obtained from school / education authorities proving that the applicant studied cumulatively at least 7 years full time in a primary, secondary education institution or in a high school in Cyprus or in a higher education institution located in northern part of Cyprus. If the applicant is enrolled for 2018/19 academic year in a school or education institution, the current academic year will count towards attaining the 7 years-Required from all PD/UG, PG applicants and current postgraduate students and recent PhD graduates who want to apply for STP but do not have 3 years of work experience.
- Proof of enrollment to the 2018/19 academic year
A copy of transcript for the last finalized semester or an official document (öğrenci belgesi) obtained from the applicant’s school / education authorities proving the applicant’s enrollment to the 2018/19 academic year of study-Required from all applicants who are enrolled as students for 2018/19 academic year.
- Highest level of diploma/degree obtained
A copy of the highest level of diploma/degree obtained (High School, Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD, etc.)-Required from all graduates.
- Proof of three years of work experience in northern part of Cyprus
3 full years of cumulative work experience in the northern part of Cyprus between 1 January 2014 and 13 April 2019-Required from all professionals except recent graduates applying for PD/UG, PG and current postgraduate students and recent PhD graduates applying for STP.
- If the applicant is an employed professional, certificate(s) of employment clearly describing job title, duration and location of the employment, responsibilities, duties/tasks. The employment certificate(s) should bear the letterhead of the respective employer, include contact details of the employer, be duly signed and dated.
- If the applicant is a self-employed professional, registration document or business permit, and any other supporting document(s) proving three full years of cumulative work experience in the northern part of Cyprus between 1 January 2014 and 13 April 2019.
- If the applicant is unemployed at the time of application, certificate of unemployment of the northern part of Cyprus and any other document proving that the applicant was working minimum 3 full years of cumulative in the northern part of Cyprus between 1 January 2014 and 13 April 2019.
Please note that mandatory services can be counted as a work experience.
See Annex 4-Required Documents at the Application Stage