Types of Scholarships
Under this call, there are 2 types of scholarships to be awarded; Type 1 and Type 2.
Type 1: Scholarships for one full academic year of study. Under Type 1, applicants can apply for;
- Pre-degree and undergraduate studies (Category PD/UG) or
- Postgraduate studies including Postgraduate diploma, Master’s, MPhil/Doctorate/PhD(Category PG)
Scholars under this type will be able to follow a pre-degree and undergraduate or postgraduate programme for the Academic Year 2019/20 in a university or equivalent institution of higher education formally accredited by the authorities of the host country in an EU country, with the exclusion of northern part of Cyprus.
The scholarships will be awarded exclusively for the academic year 2019/20 which under the terms of the call is considered to run from 1 September 2019 to 31 August 2020. Academic calendars may vary in different countries, thus slightly different calendars may be accepted. Please note that;
- The scholarship will cover one academic year of the programme of study
- The programme chosen must be full-time
- Distance and/or part-time programmes are not accepted
- The scholarship has to be used in academic year 2019/20 and cannot be postponed
Type 2: Scholarships for Short Term Programmes (2-6 months). Under Type 2, applicants can apply for;
- academic research/postdoctoral studies, professional course, training/internship programme or language course (STP)
Scholars under this type will be able to follow a short-term programme i.e. professional training/internship, language course, research or postdoctoral studies for at least 2 and up to 6 months in a university or equivalent academic or professional institution or training/research centre in an EU Member State (with the exclusion of the northern part of Cyprus). Please note that;
- Applicants applying for short term programmes must start their programme as of Monday 10 June 2019 at the earliest and Monday 13 January 2020 at the latest. The scholarship cannot be postponed.
- The scholarship will cover a period of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 months of language study, training/internship, or research.
- The programme chosen must be full-time.
- Distance and/or part-time programmes are not accepted.
- Language courses should be minimum 20 hours a week.
Applicants are permitted to submit only one application. Those submitting more than one application will be rejected.